Reincarnation Flower error (10)

1 Name: Sinrevi : Wed, 26 Sep 2012 20:06:27 GMT ID:bHnADBIg [Del]

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdXsS6b0CoU&feature=youtu.be
Patch: 250912
Emulator: Snes9x
What happened: Game apparently blacks out(with music still playing, but faster than it should) after using a Reincarnation Flower on Star... but then continued with very messed up graphics after I hit the fast forward button. I saved and then reset the game, but the graphics still look messed up (in a different way).
Anyway, the game looked normal again after the scene with Leon, and then leaving the room they're in.

2 Name: Disnesquick : Wed, 26 Sep 2012 22:12:16 GMT ID:hHKl3Kg9 [Del]

Hi Sinrevi,

Thanks for another bug report!

I can't replicate this one. Are you able to supply a savestate?

-DNQ

3 Name: Sinrevi : Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:23:30 GMT ID:bHnADBIg [Del]

http://www.mediafire.com/?qk6fdmj2qjg1zlm,dp4phootwlcrn21
One from before Star dies, and the other savestate is after the battle.
The reincarnation Flower is in Myra's inventory.

4 Name: Sinrevi : Thu, 27 Sep 2012 19:00:21 GMT ID:bHnADBIg [Del]

Got another similar bug to this one, except with patch 260912, in a battle in the fire crater (the battle when Dorothy joins you)

5 Name: RMSephy : Thu, 27 Sep 2012 19:27:30 GMT ID:R46/8qCd [Del]

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22483930/collab/energybr.zs2

I've a bug similar to this one. Using the reincarnation flower during the last battle makes the audio start lagging for a bit, and then the screen blacks out (though it doesn't come back, messed up or otherwise). Just retested this with patch 1.02, and using zsnes 1.51.

6 Name: RMSephy : Thu, 27 Sep 2012 19:32:58 GMT ID:R46/8qCd [Del]

Forgot to mention, the resurrection flower's in Lenardo's inventory in the item box.

7 Name: RMSephy : Sat, 29 Sep 2012 18:53:18 GMT ID:Yjxqv6db [Del]

Ooh, I have to take back my last few posts. The resurrection flower only messed up the game when I continued from an save game from an earlier patch. (i.e. I started a new game with 1.00, got the resurrection flower, updated to 1.02 and kept playing). The flower's worked fine throughout the whole game when I started a new game with 1.02, including during the final battle.

8 Name:   : Sat, 29 Sep 2012 21:07:58 GMT ID:eLhgam9H [Del]

I have the same problem (and did the same thing, continuing with a new patch), but no way am I going to restart now. Is the flower required in a battle?

(oh and what does the superhuman ring actually do?)

9 Name: Disnesquick : Sun, 30 Sep 2012 19:30:51 GMT ID:w3PRD1my [Del]

@RMSephy
That's good to know though the original problems seemed to be localized to its use in the item box. I'll test it from a new game

The superhuman ring causes increased stat growth when you level up. It's a great way of getting godly characters though making the first few battles really tough.

10 Name:   : Mon, 01 Oct 2012 13:33:04 GMT ID:73NrUIzM [Del]

Ah, that's what it does. Thanks!

I had the flower in the item box as well. I just tried using it from the inventory directly and it doesn't garble up the graphics anymore.

Name: Link:
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
More options...
Verification:
Image: